Important tendency, marked in various reports of EU27, which led to the establishment of “Adults Mentoring” project, is that by 2050 the number of people over 50 in Europe will have doubled to 40% of the total population or 60% of the working age population. In terms of that fact, the project is focused on the needs of older unemployed people and long term unemployed older people – who wish to update their professional skills and gain new practical knowledge. This result can be achieved by their participation in non-formal type of learning - Mentoring. Within the project a system for workplace mentoring for unemployed older people will be developed. Older unemployed people will be provided with innovative type of vocational guidance matching their knowledge and understanding.
The following ambitious aims were set within the project:
To create a mentoring system targeted at older unemployed people in order to increase their employability;
- To provide older unemployed people with work experience, self-confidence and training in professional-level jobs;
- To develop and pilot supporting materials for older unemployed people (mentees);
- To develop and pilot training materials for employers (mentors);
- To improve employers’ awareness of older people’ abilities and needs;
- To develop networks of employers with older employees;
- To develop widely-available training materials, accessible free-of-charge through the Internet. For those who have no access to the Internet, the materials will be provided on alternative formats (CD or pаper);
- To evaluate the mentoring system and develop recommendations regarding its continuation and implementation by organizations outside of the project partnership;
- To design strategies, programmes and materials to be transferable to other target groups.
This project is oriented towards the following target groups:
Adults (over 50) who have been long-term unemployed;
Adults who have been employed and have lost their jobs
The secondary target groups are:
They will be involved during the whole lifetime of the project in order to provide the maximum valorisation of the project’s outcomes. The project outcomes can be found here.