One of the strategic goals of Europe is to develop its hi-tech sector so as to meet the requirements of the knowledge society and economy. As a result, a lot of hi-tech enterprises have sprung up across Europe but most of them suffer the lack of knowledge related to Standardization,
which impedes the recognition of their products on the international markets thus leading to their low level of competitiveness on a world scale, and the lack of an appropriate VET system in the area of Standardization, which corresponds to their specific nature, the qualification of their employees and the availability of ICT resources.
In view of the above mentioned,
Target groups: staff engaged in hi-tech SMEs in the sectors of software development, networking; young people with a university degree in Engineering or Business Administration, who are about to start their own hi-tech SMEs in the above sectors.
Target sectors: Information and Communication Technologies (software development, networking, etc.), Education
Final and potent
ial users: hi-tech SMEs’ top and executive managers; engineers and technologists employed in hi-tech SMEs; professionals involved in the process of development and localization of standards; consultants on standardization; unemployed with a university degree in Engineering or Business Administration; teachers/tutors in the respective area.
In relation to the above target groups and sectors the project addresses the following needs for:
1. a flexible vocational training system in standardization for hi-tech SMEs in the sectors of software development and networking;
2. improving the skills and competences, including specific language skills, of the staff engaged in hi-tech SMEs in the sectors of software development and networking;
3. facilitating the access of the staff engaged in hi-tech SMEs in the sectors of software development and networking to learning by introducing a flexible learning method;
4. facilitating the process of assimilation, comprehension and application of International Standards in hi-tech SMEs in the sectors of software development and networking;
5. adaptation and use of ICT learning techniques in the vocational training designed for hi-tech SMEs in the sectors of software development annd networking;
6. cooperation between training actors and hi-tech SMEs in the sectors of software development and networking·in the area of Standardization;
7. transnational cooperation in the area of Standardization in order to transfer good vocational training strategies, expertise and knowledge so as to enrich European VET practices.
The specific aims of the project are as follows:
1. to design an ICT-supported vocational training system in Standardization for hi-tech SMEs in the sectors of software development and networking;
2. to work out study programmes and course materials;
3. to introduce a blended learning method integrating Internet-supported (or computer-based, or conventional) self-study, on-line tutoring, transnational virtual study circles, and face-to-face kick-off and follow-up meeting;
4. to design a software packet assisting the realization of the ICT-supported training system;
5. to design a partnership electronic communication system in order to facilitate communications between partners and ensure high quality and project transparency;
6. to design a project website for valorisation purposes;
7. to develop a project quality management system with a view to reporting, evaluation and quality assurance;
8. to promote cooperation between training organizations and universities, and hi-tech SMEs in the area of Standardization;
9. to promote transnational cooperation so as to transfer good vocational training strategies, expertise and knowledge in the area of Standardization.